jeudi 18 janvier 2024

Under the arcades in front of the cathedral ...

During Compostela Ilustrada, I was painting the subject of my workshop in front of the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela. The first day, I realized that the sun is shining for a few minutes then the rain comes… and I had to imagine my workshop at a sheltered place.
But in any case, everyone has an umbrella in Santiago ?
I wanted to work on capturing a place in colored values. This location was perfect with this three layers in succession (arcades, in foreground, then pilgrims and cathedral in background).
I taught both workshops in the rain, everything and everyone was wet, wet, wet but it was funny. The attendees were brave and worked hard !

We are lucky in Santiago to be sheltered by a lot of arcades. So when we had a break with Tazab behind the cathedral, I really liked the strong contrast between the foreground and the background.


Warm Thank you to Compostela Ilustrada for the invitation. It was so nice to meet such talented artists. And of course a huge thanks to Encarna, my translator during these workshops. We have spoken three languages at the same time !

[ aquarelles 30x40cm sur papiers aquarelle assemblés et sur carnet Moleskine – ©Marion Rivolier ]